Wool has established a great reputation as a fibre of quality, as it is resilient and has the ability to retain its appearance over many years. 100% wool carpets and 80/20 mixes have no competition with regards to value for money.
The main benefits of wool carpets are:
· Wool carpets not only add comfort underfoot but wool also acts as a natural insulator maintaining warmth in your home. Not only does it act as an insulator it is also a great sound absorber, ideal for households with children and pets.
· The natural crimp of wool offers valuable bounce back qualities meaning the pile will resist flattening, maintaining its appearance for many years.
· Wool carpets are very easy to maintain and only require vacuuming.
· Wool is naturally fire retardant and has a slow ignition rate.
· As carpet cushions it is great for infants who may have a few falls.
· As wool is a natural fibre it is 100% sustainable.
· Wool does not give off any volatile air compounds attributed to manmade fibres creating a much healthier home.
Our favourite wool ranges:
Sisal Weave: Idea for modern homes due to its minimalistic finish.
Options 288: In a variety of colours meaning there is a shade for every taste.
Natural Co-ordinates: Ideal for stairs and hallways.« Back to Tips & Advice