If you are thinking of investing in carpet or flooring, these simple tips will make the process much easier.
- If you are measuring your room yourself, measure the length and width and multiply together to calculate the sq meter. For example a room which is 3m long and 3m wide would be 9sqm in total.
- If you are apprehensive about measuring your room yourself, it is best to call the professionals. The Carpet Showroom offers a free professional measuring service to give you peace of mind. Click here to book your free consultation.
- Ensure the product you are buying is suited to the area of use. Always read the product description as certain carpets and flooring are much more suited to heavier domestic use, whereas others are better in rooms of occasional use. Take a look at our product description blog piece for further detail.
- When ordering your flooring/ carpet take into consideration the roll width. The carpets featured on The Carpet Showroom vary from 4m to 5m in width. If you had a room with the width of 3m you would have to select the 4m width roll. Carpets are always cut by widths of either 4 or 5m, so depending on your room size you may need to order extra square metres. For example for a 3x3m room, you would need to order 4x3=12m2. Please bare this in mind when ordering and if in doubt give us a call on 0844 324 5266. Also be aware that vinyl flooring comes in 2m, 3m and 4m widths.
- Before you buy, order samples online to see how they work with current decor schemes. You can order up to 4 samples for free and have them delivered to your home.